Frequently Asked Questions

What is poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac?

Poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac are plants that contain a resin called urushiol, which can cause an allergic reaction in many people who come into contact with it.

What causes the allergic reaction to these plants?

The urushiol resin in these plants is what causes the allergic reaction. When urushiol comes into contact with the skin, it can cause an itchy, red rash and blisters. CLICK HERE to learn about some myths associated with Urushiol.

How can I identify poison ivy, oak, and sumac?

Poison ivy, oak, and sumac can be identified by their leaves. Poison ivy and oak have three leaflets, while poison sumac has several leaflets arranged in pairs. See our Education page for help with identification.

What should I do if I come into contact with these plants?

If you come into contact with poison ivy, oak, or sumac, you can use rubbing alcohol or specialized wipes designed to remove urushiol resin. wash the affected area with soap and water as soon as possible.  Unfortunately exposure is often not known until symptoms appear hours to days after contact.

Is the rash from poison ivy, oak, and sumac contagious?

No, the rash from poison ivy, oak, and sumac is not contagious and cannot be spread from person to person.  CLICK HERE to learn more about common myths associated with poison plant rashes.

How long does it take for the rash to appear after exposure?

It can take several hours to a few days for the rash to appear after exposure to poison ivy, oak, or sumac. CLICK HERE for some steps that can be taken once exposed.

How long does the rash last?

The rash can last for several days to several weeks, depending on the severity of the reaction and the treatment used. The sooner  Ivy League Remedy is applied the sooner you can get back to normal life.  CLICK HERE to visit out store.

When should I seek medical attention for a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?

You should seek medical attention if the rash is severe or covers a large portion of your body, if you have difficulty breathing or swallowing, or if you develop a fever or other symptoms.


P.O. Box 497
Mc Ewen, TN, 37101, US

About us

Welcome to our family-run small business. We are dedicated to providing  a high-quality, American-made product that is designed to drastically reduce your recovery time and get you back to what you care about most. From our workshop in central Tennessee, we handcraft each one of our products with care and attention to detail, using only the finest materials and ingredients. As a small business, we take great pride in being able to connect with our customers on a personal level. We believe in the value of hard work, integrity, and community, and we strive to embody these values in everything we do. Our goal is to deliver a product that not only meets your needs but exceeds your expectations, while providing exceptional customer service every step of the way. Thank you for choosing our product, and for supporting small businesses in the USA. We are grateful for your trust and look forward to serving you for years to come!